- One of the main benefits is that with the RPC, students can master the art of writing. This is because the RPC has essays assignments every week starting from grade 4, allowing students to write over 200 essays.
- Another one is that the curriculum is video-centric. Although most curriculums are based on textbooks, this one is based on videos. And by combining reading assignments, exclusive videos, and writing assignments, the curriculum is very well rounded. I personally love that they use video lessons.
- Another plus is that in almost all High School courses, the teachers are either College teachers or Ph.D. students.
- The RPC also offers home business courses, which will teach you everything about starting a business. I find these courses very useful and have since started a small bike repair business with my friend.
- The RPC also offers a Public Speaking course. This course teaches you all the necessary skills to be a good speaker. I used to be really bad at public speaking, I would shift a lot, only look at my Q-cards, and not smile. However, throughout this course, I have gone to multiple speech contests and had gotten first twice.
- Personal Finance is another very important subject that they teach. This course has taught me how to manage my money, and how to decide whether I should buy something. One of the main things I have learned throughout this course, however, is to not buy things impulsively.
- The RPC also offers an ABC course, which is free to all members. The ABC course teaches you how to properly take notes, speed read, remember what you’ve read, schedule time efficiently, how to write, and how to take exams.
- The RPC is also a self-learning course, which means that your child will learn self-learning skills which are necessary for college, and also that you won’t have to spend a tenth the amount of time doing work with your child. All you have to do, therefore, is to grade your child’s essays.
- This curriculum is also very cheap. 100$ for a membership, and 50$ for every course.
- Everything comes with a 100% money back guarantee, and the RPC offers free trials for lessons, making this investment 100% risk-free.
- The courses all have many projects which can really get you interested in subjects, I know I loved science because of its projects
- The RPC also offers weekly review lessons, which allow for higher memory retention rates
- There are no textbooks to buy, in any of the courses
- The Curriculum is self-paced, that means you can go through as much material as you want every day. Plus, you can access it anytime, and anywhere as long as you have a computer and wi-fi.
John Thompson was a fugitive slave and had been stuck in the slavery system for around 25 years. However, he did manage to escape, and later in his life wrote an autobiography.
His autobiography talks about his life as a slave, and how he managed to escape. However, throughout the whole book, there was one main theme. That God had been leading him the whole way, and that he wouldn’t have made it without God’s help.
Now Thompson had been owned by multiple whites, both good and bad. Thompson did not necessarily hate the slave system, but what he did hate, was that some owners were not fair. Some owners didn’t even treat the slaves as humans, in fact, sometimes their owners treated them even worse than the dogs. There was also owners who whipped the slaves just for fun, and who beat them for no reason. In Thompson’s autobiography, he also shows examples of family’s getting separated just because the owners want to make more money. I believe that these are the reasons slavery is evil. That through slavery, families are separated, and also that the system is too based on the assumption that man is good, fair, and kind, which we all know is rarely true.
In the old testament, the bible stated that although there were slaves, occasionally there were times when the slaves would be let free. To have another chance at life. With this, the slaves might actually have a hope to be free again. They would know that their children and their grandchildren would have a chance at being free.
Of course, there were a few owners who were good people, and who would only discipline the slaves when necessary. Some of the owners did not feel the need to beat and whip their slaves for no reason whatsoever. These types of masters, however, were rare, but when they did exist, they were rewarded by co-operation from the slaves, which resulted in much more profit. This was explained in my other essay on Thompson’s Theory of Relationship.
In conclusion, Thompson did provide persuasive evidence that the slave system was evil, though I think more blame is to be placed on those who misused the system, and who did not treat the slaves properly.